Thanksgiving day is a special holiday for most Americans, especially if you like spending time with family. Planning is what makes this holiday a memorable breeze!
Most of us are used to serving pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and roasted turkey for the Thanksgiving feast, but there are other equally great ideas for this holiday. Let us look at the top 10 thanksgiving ideas plus others that will make your Thanksgiving dinner on November 25 a great one.
- Hold A Cooking Contest
It is especially enjoyable if you’re in the corporate or business world and want to give employees a complete thanksgiving feast experience. You can also hold a cooking contest with your family or friends. Award prizes for various set categories, such as best side dish, best-fried rice, or best apple pie.
- Cook Mashed Potatoes
The good thing about mashed potatoes is that they can be prepared ahead of the thanksgiving dinner, then warmed in the oven until when you and your family are ready to eat. The icing on the cake is the fact that they’re delicious.
How To Prepare Mashed Potatoes
- Boil and cook your peeled and cut potatoes for not less than 35 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and put them on fire in a dry pot. Let them mash over low heat. Before adding any other ingredients, let all the steam escape.
- Put off your cooking fire and add 8-ounce of cream cheese package and 1 ½ butter sticks, and add half-and-half of about a ½ cup. Mash the mixture, then add a ½ teaspoon of salt and the same amount of black pepper.
- Stir well and put your mashed potatoes in a medium-sized dish that is used for baking. After adding pats of butter over the top of your prepared dish, put it in an oven and adjust the heat to 350-degree. Let the butter melt with heat and warm the potatoes.
You can serve your mashed potatoes at a thanksgiving dinner. If you had made it in one or two days in advance, you could always retrieve them from your fridge in about 2 or 3 hours before serving and warm them for 20 to 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Prepare Pumpkin Pie
Different whipped creams can be used to serve pumpkin pie. One of them is butter-pecan whipped cream. It gives a nutty balance to your spiced pumpkin custard and enables you to have a delicious Thanksgiving feast.
How To Prepare A Pumpkin Pie
- Roll the pie dough and transfer the crust to a plate. Prick the surface using a fork all over it and place it in a refrigerator for one hour or in a freezer for 30 minutes. Use parchment paper to line the crust’s interior and fill its top with either dried beans or baking weight.
- Bake the pie crust for about 15 minutes until you see the edges are dry. Take your crust out of the oven and remove the parchment paper. Return it to the oven and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Whisk the pumpkin pie spice thoroughly to combine it with egg yolk, vanilla, and eggs to make a filling.
- Pour to mix the filling with the pie crust. Bake for another 55 minutes and then cool it using a wire rack.
Your Pumpkin pie can now be served with your whipped cream or put in a refrigerator.
- Share Recipes
Ask employees, family members, or friends to bring a recipe card with any thanksgiving dish they will come with either to the office or your home. You can also ask them to bring the recipes along with their cooking instructions. The holiday season is also about sharing, and learning about different recipes is a great way to celebrate thanksgiving.
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Many Ways
Stuffed sweet potatoes are great thanksgiving side dishes to enjoy with your family, friends, and work colleagues. It is easy to put different stuffed sweet potato varieties together. You put add different flavors for each pressed sweet potato category. A thanksgiving feast with fall harvest variation for stuffed sweet potatoes is colorful, delicious, and fun.
Other thanksgiving ideas include:
- Have A Thanksgiving Lunch Catered
It is possible, especially for your employees, friends, or even if you have large family members in your thanksgiving feast. You can always hire catering experts with experienced professionals to cater for your Chicago thanksgiving feast. At the same time, you focus more on enjoying a great time with your family, friends, or employees.
- Swap Pies
It is not easy to have a complete thanksgiving experience without pies. There are numerous types of pies you swap with your work colleagues. You can either choose to change sweet potato pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. You can have a raffle to make sure all your guests or employees go home with a pie.
- A Classic Thanksgiving Menu
A traditional classic thanksgiving buffet contains seasoned whole roasted turkey with rosemary gravy and white wine. The menu also has everything you wish for in a thanksgiving meal, including starters, the entrées, and sides. A traditional classic thanksgiving menu has been tried numerous times and it has always worked for many families and friends.
You can have side dishes such as fresh herb stuffing, sweet potato casserole with homemade marshmallows. For dessert, you can add a fruit and nut trifle or pecan pie.
- Donate Food Items
Thanksgiving is also about giving a helping hand to the disadvantaged community or people. You can ask your friends or employees to bring with them nonperishable food to give out to the food pantry. You can also develop a departmental or friends or family competition and reward those who donate delicious and large quantities of food items.
- Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes
These cupcakes are one of the baking projects that display funny faces with candy eyes. You can bake them with your favorite flavors, such as ice with chocolate frosting. Decorate each one with candy corn feathers and butter turkey bodies. These cupcakes are excellent if you add them to your Thanksgiving meal.
Choose Our Catering Services
You can always choose our Corky Catering services, especially when you feel you can’t make these thanksgiving meals on your own and need experienced professionals.
We can give you pre-order services on any full menu that you want. We can also help you get your favorite multi-course menu and any classic dishes to enjoy with your work colleagues, family, or friends.
Contact us today and let us make a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and make your holiday a memorable one as you share a fabulous time with your family, friends, or employees.